The responsibilities of the Desk include:
– Conceptualise, develop, and deliver training and developmental programmes and projects in Dance
– Produce the NIFCA Dance competition and related events
– Oversee the activities of the NCF’s Dance Studio
– Management of NCF’s Costume Collection
– Assist the Ministry of Youth with its National Dance Training projects
– Create infrastructure for regional and international dance exchange programmes
The main initiatives of the desk include: the National Dance Programme, Dance in Schools, Judges and Coaches Training Workshops, Local and International Workshop Facilitation, Community Outreach, Teacher Training and Internships.
The dance desk is dedicated to the development of all areas of Dance and Movement including but not limited to: Choreography and Composition, Performance, Arial and Alternative Movement, Cheerleading and Cheer Dancing, Folk Character Movement (Shaggy Bear, Mother Sally, Stilt Walking, etc.), Dance Fitness, Dance Therapy, Kinesiology and Movement Analysis, Dance Administration, Dance Entrepreneurship, Dance History and Research, Dance Education.